Experienced. Compassionate. Diligent.

photo of firm lobby desk
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Legal Services
  4.  » Immigration With A Criminal History

Advocacy For Immigrants Who Have Criminal Histories

Gaining permanent residency in the United States becomes even more complicated if you have a criminal record. Do not lose hope – instead, consult the Law Offices of Anila Momin.

Ms. Momin has more than 14 years of experience advocating for immigrants in Texas and throughout the U.S. She speaks English, Hindi, Gujarati and Urdu. She also has a Spanish interpreter available.

Immigrating With A Criminal Record: What To Know

If you have a prior conviction on your record, you will face additional scrutiny during the immigration process. With the exception of minor traffic offenses, you must mention any arrests, charges or convictions you received. Do not omit anything, even if you fear that it could hurt your chances.

The following convictions make you ineligible for a green card:

  • Aggravated felonies
  • Crimes of moral turpitude (involving depravity or immorality)
  • Drug offenses

Even if you have one of these crimes in your past, you could still petition for a waiver of admissibility, which allows some convicts to obtain permanent residency.

Don’t Give Up Hope – Get Help

To give yourself the strongest chance of getting a green card, you should have Ms. Momin and her dedicated team assisting you with your application and interview. Having helped thousands of people in your position, she knows exactly which convictions will pass, which ones have the highest rate of approval and whether you could receive a waiver of admissibility. She will strive to show U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that you have the good moral character necessary to immigrate permanently to the U.S.

Talk To A Lawyer About Your Chances

Your past does not necessarily determine your future. If you dream of a green card but have a criminal record, contact Law Offices of Anila Momin in Sugar Land for assistance. To schedule a free initial consultation, please call 832-930-1000 or send an email.

Other Practice Areas

  • Relative Petitions
  • Overseas consulate process
  • Immigration visa process
  • Conditional status waivers
  • Permanent residence status
  • Work Authorization
  • Citizenship
  • Removals
  • Asylum & Refugees Process
  • VAWA
  • Employment petitions
  • Temporary work visas
  • Business formation
  • Business contracts
  • Wills